1. I am trying to login to the Osprey site but my password is not working
There could be a couple of reasons for this so before contacting Osprey customer service please try the following:
- Please make sure that you have registered on the Osprey website. In 2008 we launched a new website so if you have not already registered please do so now. Register here!
- If you are registered and your password is not working please input your password and press the password reset button. A password reset email will then be sent to your email inbox. Copy the password supplied in the email and use it as a temporary password to log into the site. When you copy it from the email please make sure that you don't copy any empty characters that might be present at the end of the password. Once you have logged into the site please go to 'View My Account' and change the password to a password of your choice.
2. How can I contact Customer Services?
Please visit our Contact Us page for Customer Service details.
3. How can I contact Osprey?
Please visit our Contact Us page for Osprey contact details.
4. How do I search the website for a book, author or membership content?
Our search engine makes it easy to find what you're looking for. You can search for a book or author using our quick search, which appears at the top right-hand side of each page. Click 'go' and you should receive a search results page with the information you were looking for.
You can also perform an Advanced Search by using our 'Search Within' function. Simply choose the categories and sub categories you want to see and then click 'Get Results'.
Browse our online catalogue:
You can also browse our online catalogue by genre for all new and recent releases, or download a printer friendly version.
If you still can't find the book you are looking for it may be that it is no longer in print, or for more recent books, that it is in the process of being re-printed. We display all our titles on the site whether they are in-print, out-of-print, out-of-stock or future releases.
5. How do I order online?
To place an order, simply click on the 'Add to Basket' button against the appropriate book title. You can use the 'View Cart' button on the top right-hand side of the page to view the contents of your shopping basket. When you have finished shopping, click to pay, and you will be asked to enter your delivery information and your credit card details.
6. How do I order a catalogue?
Printer-friendly versions of our catalogues are available to download from our website.
If you are a UK trade customer please contact your Osprey sales rep for copies of the catalogues.
7. How do I return a damaged book?
Please visit our Shipping & Returns page for information on returning a damaged book.
8. How can I order out-of-print books?
Unfortunately, we cannot help you trace out of print Osprey books, nor do we keep any such stock once a title becomes out of print.
We suggest that you try a specialist secondhand book search company, who may be able to help you.
9. How do I cancel my subscription/membership?
To cancel your subscription/membership please go to 'View My Account' in the 'My Osprey' area. Click on 'Subscription Management' and then under 'Current Subscriptions', click 'Cancel'.
If you have any problems doing this you need to call or email our Customer Service department. Please visit our Contact Us page for Customer Service details.
Please note: All Osprey membership subscriptions are for a minimum of 12 months so if you cancel your subscription within that time you are still liable to pay for the full 12 months.
10. How can I change my email address?
Once you have logged into your 'My Osprey' area, click on 'Personal Details'. You are then able to change the email address in the top line of your details to the new one you would like us to send to. To confirm the change, press update at the bottom of the page.
11. How can I contact an author?
Please visit our Contact Us page for information on contacting an author.
12. Where can I get permissions information for your books?
Please visit our Copyright section for permissions information.
13. Where can I get rights information?
Please visit our Copyright section for rights information.
14. Osprey ebooks
What formats are Osprey eBooks available in?
eBooks are currently available in the Adobe PDF format and ePub format.
What is an eBook?
An eBook is a book delivered as an electronic file. eBooks can be read on mobile phones, PDAs, PCs, laptops, Blackberries or dedicated eBook devices. Once eBooks are purchased, they can be downloaded immediately, providing consumers quick and easy access to their favorite titles.
Can I print or share an eBook?
In order to protect copyrights in the digital environment, eBook files are encrypted so that they cannot be printed, shared or otherwise reproduced
Why read an eBook instead of a print book?
- Portability: You can download several eBooks to your handheld for vacations and business trips.
- Convenience: You can download hundreds of eBooks to your computer and create a library specific to your own interests.
- Special features: eBooks have searching capabilities that print books do not.
- Cost: eBooks are priced less than their print equivalent.
- Instant gratification: eBooks are delivered instantaneously. You can search for an eBook, purchase it, and download it all in a matter minutes or even seconds.
Where can I find Osprey eBooks?
Please click here for a list of Osprey eBook titles.
I have an ebook question or I'm having problems accessing or downloading the ebook
15. Where can I view current vacancies?
For a full listing of our current vacancies, graduate recruitment and details on working at Osprey please look at our Jobs page.
16. Can I buy a piece of original artwork from one of Osprey’s illustrators?
Please visit our Contact Us page for information on buying original artwork.
17. Why does my book have two ISBN numbers and/or why is the wrong ISBN displaying on your website when I typed in the correct ISBN?
The publishing industry is in the process of switching all books from having 10 digit ISBN codes to 13 digit codes. While this transition is happening, both ISBNs will be printed on your books and on any order correspondence. You can use either ISBN until January 2007, when the ten digit ISBN will become obsolete.
The Osprey website however, will now only display 13 digit ISBNs, but don't worry, you can still search via both ten and 13 digit ISBNs and get the correct book.
18. What is Osprey Publishing Limited's company registration number?
This website is owned and operated by Osprey Publishing Ltd, registered in England and Wales under company number 3471853.
19.How do I advertise on Osprey's website?
Please visit our Advertising page for information on advertising on Osprey's website.