Osprey UK and Export Sales Executive
It takes a small army of publishing professionals, subject enthusiasts, and market experts to create and sell the 150 books produced each year by Osprey Publishing – a leading publisher of illustrated military history and part of the Osprey Group.
Osprey employs a friendly team of 35 in their offices in West Oxford, and is now looking for a bright individual to fill the role of UK and Export Sales Executive. This is a full-time position with an initial one-year contract.
The successful applicant will be responsible for optimizing title sales, for both physical and digital products, at maximum profit through the UK and European book trade and non-traditional bookselling markets. They will develop new and existing customer relationships, monitor daily sales, and work towards monthly sales targets. As a primary point of contact for Osprey’s army of sales reps, the successful applicant will be responsible for supervising, informing, and reporting on the efforts of reps and will present pertinent information to these reps at annual sales conferences and book fairs. The UK and Export Sales Executive will also oversee and grow sales through direct-to-consumer channels, including the Osprey website.
They will work as part of a lively team, with additional responsibility and career progression available for any candidate who demonstrates the ability and desire to handle it.
Sales experience and an interest in history would be an advantage, but is not essential. The ability to understand the passion of the enthusiast is vital.
A full job description is available upon request. To apply, please email a copy of your CV, details of your current salary, and a covering letter explaining why you are perfect for the position to:
The closing date for applications is Friday, 31 May 2013.
We are looking for a full-time Senior Designer to join our design team at our Oxford office.
- To layout all Osprey, General and Series titles. To layout all fiction mono titles across our range of imprints.
- To keep and monitor the established set series styles from the varied imprints, as well as creating new and exciting designs alongside the Head of Design.
- Working with production, editorial and the Publishing Solutions Manager to make sure the XML and workflow solution is being effectively used.
- To ensure all titles are delivered on time to design and that allocated design time is realistic. Attend WIP meetings and work along-side editors and production controllers to make sure all print dates are met.
- Marketing and point of sale design, as required.
- Produce cover designs for various titles across the imprints.
- To stand in for the Head of Design when absent
You must have, or be able to show:
- Experience on working with XML tagged content and its use in Indesign
- Experience working within a publishing and/or a layout design role
- Creative and problem solving layout solutions
- A skilled and creative approach to typography
- An eye for detail when working on existing and established series designs
- Experience working with mono, four-back-one and full colour print.
- Team working skills
- Time management and organisational skills
- Communication skills
If you would like to apply for this role please send your CV and a covering letter saying why you would be suitable for the role, along with your salary expectations to:
West Way, Botley
Closing date is 30th May 2013.
You must be legally able to work and remain in the UK to take up this position. We are looking to interview early June and to fill this role asap after that.
Our head office is in Oxford, UK. We also have a sales office in New York, USA. If you would like to enquire about permanent positions or work experience/intern programmes, please direct your enquiry and CV to the personnel email address at your chosen location.
When sending in your speculative résumé, please indicate what type of role you are looking for. We have the following departments at our Oxford head office address:
Human Resources & Administration
Vacancies at Watkins Publishers/Duncan Baird Publishing
For employment opportunities with our partners, please see Duncan Baird Jobs and Watkins Publishing